Subject: Re: linux-next: build warning after merge of the l2-mtd tree

From: Robert Jarzmik <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 10:54:37 +0100

Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> writes:
> After merging the l2-mtd tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
> allmodconfig) produced this warning:
>
> drivers/mtd/devices/docg3.c: In function 'doc_write_page_ecc_init':
> drivers/mtd/devices/docg3.c:577:6: warning: suggest parentheses around operand
> of '!' or change '|' to '||' or '!' to '~' [-Wparentheses]

Hi Stephen,

My fault, I've been too lazy with that commit for too long, and code like
writel(!reg1 | reg2, adr) is error prone. Artem did point out the warning
already, so that's on me.

I'll mend the fix in a V2 to a cleanup patch already submitted to linux-mtd.

Cheers.

-- 
Robert

PS: there will be another warning about an unused function
doc_get_erase_count(). This one will be fixed a bit later I'm afraid.