Subject: Re: ath9k gpio request

From: Kalle Valo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2016 17:37:50 +0300

(Fixing top posting)

"Pan, Miaoqing" <miaoqing-Rm6X0d1/[email-masked]> writes:

>>> --- a/drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/reg.h
>>> +++ b/drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/reg.h
>>> @@ -1122,8 +1122,8 @@ enum {
>>>   #define AR9300_NUM_GPIO                          16
>>>   #define AR9330_NUM_GPIO                                 16
>>>   #define AR9340_NUM_GPIO                                 23
>>> -#define AR9462_NUM_GPIO                                 10
>>> -#define AR9485_NUM_GPIO                                 12
>>> +#define AR9462_NUM_GPIO                                 14
>>> +#define AR9485_NUM_GPIO                                 11
>>>   #define AR9531_NUM_GPIO                                 18
>>>   #define AR9550_NUM_GPIO                                 24
>>>   #define AR9561_NUM_GPIO                                 23
>>> @@ -1139,8 +1139,8 @@ enum {
>>>   #define AR9300_GPIO_MASK                        0x0000F4FF
>>>   #define AR9330_GPIO_MASK                        0x0000F4FF
>>>   #define AR9340_GPIO_MASK                        0x0000000F
>>> -#define AR9462_GPIO_MASK                        0x000003FF
>>> -#define AR9485_GPIO_MASK                        0x00000FFF
>>> +#define AR9462_GPIO_MASK                        0x00003FFF
>>> +#define AR9485_GPIO_MASK                        0x000007FF
>>>   #define AR9531_GPIO_MASK                        0x0000000F
>>>   #define AR9550_GPIO_MASK                        0x0000000F
>>>   #define AR9561_GPIO_MASK                        0x0000000F
>>
>> solves the problem.
>>
>> Tested-by: Sudip Mukherjee <[email-masked]>
>
> Done, https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/9151847/

But the patch 9151847 is different from what Sudip tested above? Why?

And if you modify something _after_ the reporter has tested the patch
clearly document what you changed and why. I do not want find hidden
changes like this, even more so when the patch is going to a 4.7-rc
release.

Sudip, could you also test patch 9151847, please? You can download the
patch from the patchwork link above.

-- 
Kalle Valo
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-wireless" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html