Subject: Re: [PATCH] PCI: mvebu: Restrict build to 32-bit ARM

From: Gregory CLEMENT <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 15:34:30 +0100

Hi Arnd,
 
 On jeu., févr. 18 2016, Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On Thursday 18 February 2016 14:32:10 Thierry Reding wrote:
>> From: Thierry Reding <[email-masked]>
>> 
>> This driver uses PCI glue that is only available on 32-bit ARM. This
>> used to work fine as long as ARCH_MVEBU and ARCH_DOVE were exclusively
>> 32-bit, but that's changed now, with ARCH_MVEBU also being available
>> on 64-bit ARM.
>> 
>> Signed-off-by: Thierry Reding <[email-masked]>
>
> Looks fine as a temporary workaround, but I think what we really want to
> do here is to remove the dependency, as the new ARM64 platforms are going
> to need this driver anyway.

Actually the mvebu ARM64 platform we know about (Armada 3700, 7K and
8K), won't use the same controller. A7K/A8K will use a synopsis IP and
Armada 3700 a new Marvell IP.

So for me depending on ARM32 is enough.

Gregory

-- 
Gregory Clement, Free Electrons
Kernel, drivers, real-time and embedded Linux
development, consulting, training and support.
http://free-electrons.com