Subject: Re: linux-next: build warning after merge of the drm tree

From: Jani Nikula <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2024 18:52:03 +0200

On Wed, 03 Jan 2024, Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> wrote:
> OK, the only thing I can find is that there are 2 intel_wakeref.h files
> that have different definitions for intel_wakeref_t:
>
> ./drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_wakeref.h:typedef unsigned long intel_wakeref_t;
> ./drivers/gpu/drm/xe/compat-i915-headers/intel_wakeref.h:typedef bool intel_wakeref_t;
>
> and the two compilations above seem to use different include paths, but
> how the single character change causes that is beyond me.

There are a few things going on here, but the gist of it is that
intel_wakeref_t is supposed to be an opaque cookie, and printing its
value does not make sense, especially not when you can't be certain
which printf format should be used for it.

Fix at [1], thanks for the report.

BR,
Jani.

[1] https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/[email-masked]

-- 
Jani Nikula, Intel