Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the userns tree with the vfs tree

From: [email-masked] (Eric W. Biederman)
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2018 12:35:20 -0500

Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> On Wed, 20 Jun 2018 12:39:05 +1000 Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Are there any comments on this resolution.  I just had to do it all
> again due to slight changes in the vfs tree.  What are you guys going
> to tell Linus when he comes to merge this?

Currently that the fscontext changes have a gaping security hole in it's
userspace API.  Granted the security hole is copied from the existing
mount api.  But I have had multiple real world problems with the
existing behavior, and I have reported it to David Howells multiple
times.

So I honestly don't think David Howells changes are ready to be merged.

The changes to proc exhibit the security holet and I expect they will
have to be redone to make the patch functional.

Eric