Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the wireless-drivers-next tree with the net-next tree

From: Kalle Valo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2016 16:58:17 +0300

"Coelho, Luciano" <[email-masked]> writes:

(dropping damaged diffs etc, adding Emmanuel as the author of
5c08b0f5026f ("iwlwifi: mvm: don't override the rate with the AMSDU
len"))

>> I wasn't expecting that skb_info variable is removed. Do we now have
>> merge damage somewhere? Luca, what do you think?
>
> As we discussed on IRC, it seems to me that there was a merge damage
> when Dave merged net.git into net-next.git (as you mostly found out ;).
>
> I'm not sure how to solve that, but I'm sure you and Dave can figure
> something out. :) Please let me know if you need any help with it.

Yeah, I guess in net-next.git Dave assumed that 'info == skb_info' is
always valid in iwl_mvm_set_tx_cmd(), but I don't that's the case. So I
think the end case, after a merge, should look like this:

void iwl_mvm_set_tx_cmd(struct iwl_mvm *mvm, struct sk_buff *skb,
			struct iwl_tx_cmd *tx_cmd,
			struct ieee80211_tx_info *info, u8 sta_id)
{
	struct ieee80211_tx_info *skb_info = IEEE80211_SKB_CB(skb);
	struct ieee80211_hdr *hdr = (void *)skb->data;
	__le16 fc = hdr->frame_control;
	u32 tx_flags = le32_to_cpu(tx_cmd->tx_flags);
	u32 len = skb->len + FCS_LEN;
	u8 ac;

[...]

	tx_cmd->tx_flags = cpu_to_le32(tx_flags);
	/* Total # bytes to be transmitted */
	tx_cmd->len = cpu_to_le16((u16)skb->len +
		(uintptr_t)skb_info->driver_data[0]);
	tx_cmd->life_time = cpu_to_le32(TX_CMD_LIFE_TIME_INFINITE);
	tx_cmd->sta_id = sta_id;

I'm going to propose this to Dave in my pending pull request[1]. But I
would appreciate if someone else would double check this.

[1] https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/621953/

-- 
Kalle Valo