Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the bpf-next tree with the net tree

From: Jakub Sitnicki <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2020 17:25:04 +0200

On Wed, Jul 22, 2020 at 05:05 PM CEST, Willem de Bruijn wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 22, 2020 at 11:02 AM Jakub Sitnicki <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Jul 22, 2020 at 04:42 PM CEST, Kuniyuki Iwashima wrote:
>> > Can I submit a patch to net tree that rewrites udp[46]_lib_lookup2() to
>> > use only 'result' ?
>>
>> Feel free. That should make the conflict resolution even easier later
>> on.
>
> Thanks for the detailed analysis, Jakub.
>
> Would it be easier to fix this wholly in bpf-next, by introducing
> reuseport_result there?

Did you mean replicating the Kuniyuki fix in bpf-next, or just
introducing the intermediate 'reuseport_result' var?

I'm assuming the former, so that the conflict resolving later on will
reduce to selecting everything from bpf-next side.

TBH, I don't what is the preferred way to handle it. Perhaps DaveM or
Alexei/Daniel can say what would make their life easiest?