Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the modules tree with Linus' tree

From: Rusty Russell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 16:08:08 +1030

Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> writes:
> Hi Rusty,
>
> Today's linux-next merge of the modules tree got a conflict in
> kernel/modsign_pubkey.c between commit 84ecfd15f554 ("modsign: add symbol
> prefix to certificate list") from Linus' tree and commit bb8f5966421d
> ("MODSIGN: Avoid using .incbin in C source") from the modules tree.

Gah, I had a brainfart reading gitk and thought commit was not upstream
:(

(Paul Mackerras points out that gitk shows you what branches a commit is
in, so I now have no excuse.  He also offered to colour-code it for me
RSN, which would make it inescapable).

> I fixed it up (I just used the modules tree version as it removed the
> section of code modified by the former) and can carry the fix as
> necessary (no action is required).

Yes, but that leaves this turd in linux/kernel.h from
cbdbf2abb7844548a7d7a6a2ae7af6b6fbcea401:

+/* This helps us to avoid #ifdef CONFIG_SYMBOL_PREFIX */
+#ifdef CONFIG_SYMBOL_PREFIX
+#define SYMBOL_PREFIX CONFIG_SYMBOL_PREFIX
+#else
+#define SYMBOL_PREFIX ""
+#endif

I have reverted to the previous modules-next.

Thanks,
Rusty.