Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the modules tree with the tree

From: Rusty Russell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 10:51:49 +1030

Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Rusty,
>
> Today's linux-next merge of the modules tree got a conflict in
> kernel/module.c between commit caabe240574a ("MODSIGN: Move the magic
> string to the end of a module and eliminate the search") from Linus' tree
> and commit 0250abdeec54 ("module: add syscall to load module from fd")
> from the modules tree.
>
> I fixed it up (I think - see below) and can carry the fix as necessary
> (no action is required).
>
> I do wonder why the above change in Linus' tree seems to have bypassed
> the modules maintainer.

Yes.  David tacked it on to a real bugfix which went straight to Linus;
having fixed my mess I couldn't complain too much (though I had NAKed
similar patches in the past).

I will rebase my -next tree today.

Cheers,
Rusty.