Subject: -next status as at v6.19-rc6

From: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2026 14:38:05 +0000

Hi Linus,

You asked for status summaries for -next as we get towards the end of
the release cycles so I figured this was a good time to start trying
that.  Not sure if this is useful to you, or what other information
might be helpful.

Trees currently held at old versions due to build breaks:

driver-core	next-20260116
iio		next-20260116
iommu		next-20260116
leds-lj		next-20260108
perf		next-20260116

We also have the Tyr driver marked as BROKEN in the drm-rust tree
because it does not compile (Rust got picked up by all*config since I
installed the toolchain in preparation for running rust specific checks).

There are currently signoff problems in these trees:

at24
drivers-x86-fixes
risc-v-fixes
spacemit

I was also thinking about trying to do something about pulling testing
status from KernelCI and flagging regressions that they are seeing but I
didn't actually do anything about that yet.

Thanks,
Mark