Subject: Re: [BUILD FAILURE 04] Next April 9 : PPC64 randconfig [drivers/net/ibm_newemac/core.c]

From: Kumar Gala <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 09:28:23 -0500

On Apr 9, 2009, at 8:52 AM, Subrata Modak wrote:

> Observed the following build error:
>
> CC      drivers/net/ibm_newemac/core.o
> drivers/net/ibm_newemac/core.c: In function ‘emac_probe’:
> drivers/net/ibm_newemac/core.c:2831: error: ‘struct net_device’ has no
> member named ‘open’
> drivers/net/ibm_newemac/core.c:2834: error: ‘struct net_device’ has no
> member named ‘tx_timeout’
> drivers/net/ibm_newemac/core.c:2836: error: ‘struct net_device’ has no
> member named ‘stop’
> drivers/net/ibm_newemac/core.c:2837: error: ‘struct net_device’ has no
> member named ‘get_stats’
> drivers/net/ibm_newemac/core.c:2838: error: ‘struct net_device’ has no
> member named ‘set_multicast_list’
> drivers/net/ibm_newemac/core.c:2839: error: ‘struct net_device’ has no
> member named ‘do_ioctl’
> drivers/net/ibm_newemac/core.c:2841: error: ‘struct net_device’ has no
> member named ‘hard_start_xmit’
> drivers/net/ibm_newemac/core.c:2842: error: ‘struct net_device’ has no
> member named ‘change_mtu’
> drivers/net/ibm_newemac/core.c:2845: error: ‘struct net_device’ has no
> member named ‘hard_start_xmit’
> make[3]: *** [drivers/net/ibm_newemac/core.o] Error 1
> make[2]: *** [drivers/net/ibm_newemac] Error 2
> make[1]: *** [drivers/net] Error 2
> make: *** [drivers] Error 2
>
> Regards--
> Subrata
>
> <randconfig4-ppc64-next20090409.txt>

This is because CONFIG_COMPAT_NET_DEV_OPS isnt set and needs to be for  
this driver to build.  I've asked the netdev guys about either fixing  
the driver or adding the proper thing to Kconfig to select  
CONFIG_COMPAT_NET_DEV_OPS.

- k