Subject: Re: drm-rust: change branches merged into linux-next

From: "Danilo Krummrich" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 May 2026 01:24:38 +0200

On Tue Apr 28, 2026 at 2:08 PM CEST, Thierry Reding wrote:
>> On Sun, Apr 26, 2026 at 10:52:36PM +0200, Danilo Krummrich wrote:
>> > 
>> > 	drm-rust	https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/rust/kernel.git#drm-rust-next
>> > 	drm-rust-fixes	https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/rust/kernel.git#drm-rust-fixes
>> > 
>> > to
>> > 
>> > 	drm-rust	https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/rust/kernel.git#for-linux-next
>> > 	drm-rust-fixes	https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/rust/kernel.git#for-linux-next-fixes
>
> Sorry, I noticed this too late. I've updated these now, so they should
> be pulled for tomorrow's -next. I'm about to finish things up for today,
> so it'll have the old trees still.

Checking today's linux-next tree, it still seems to pull in the "old" branches.
This by itself is not a problem; until -rc6 they are exactly the same.

However, I noticed that it seems that linux-next stopped fetching new updates
from the drm-rust remote.

The current head of drm-rust-fixes should be at
0a69ac25bd596d50823d530d0a2004336668c0df, and drm-rust-next should be at
37f748ed0c19e007e7c5677f5d605d6b93841792 (same goes for the new branches).

However, today's linux-next release still shows:

	$ cat Next/SHA1s | grep drm-rust
	drm-rust-fixes	15e8bae5d930c91b8739a87d75db0a6efca3cb32
	drm-rust	d9a6809478f9815b6455a327aa001737ac7b2c09

d9a6809478f9815b6455a327aa001737ac7b2c09 has "CommitDate: Mon Apr 27 18:43:05
2026"; the next commit in my history has "CommitDate: Wed Apr 29 00:57:54 2026
+0200".

Thanks,
Danilo