Subject: Re: [RESEND PATCH] usb: gadget: uvc: Correct documentation formatting

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2023 11:27:49 +0100

On Mon, Feb 06, 2023 at 10:21:59AM +0000, Daniel Scally wrote:
> The documentation table added in a36afe780461 ("usb: gadget: uvc: Add
> new enable_interrupt_ep attribute") was incorrect, resulting in a new
> warning when compiling the documentation.
> 
> Correct the formatting to resolve the warning.
> 
> Fixes: a36afe780461 ("usb: gadget: uvc: Add new enable_interrupt_ep attribute")
> Reported-by: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
> Signed-off-by: Daniel Scally <[email-masked]>
> ---
>  Documentation/ABI/testing/configfs-usb-gadget-uvc | 4 ++--
>  1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)
> 
> diff --git a/Documentation/ABI/testing/configfs-usb-gadget-uvc b/Documentation/ABI/testing/configfs-usb-gadget-uvc
> index eb13cc5d363a..a2d5c648aa2b 100644
> --- a/Documentation/ABI/testing/configfs-usb-gadget-uvc
> +++ b/Documentation/ABI/testing/configfs-usb-gadget-uvc
> @@ -17,12 +17,12 @@ Description:	Control descriptors
>  
>  		All attributes read only except enable_interrupt_ep:
>  
> -		================	=============================
> +		===================	=============================
>  		bInterfaceNumber	USB interface number for this
>  					streaming interface
>  		enable_interrupt_ep	flag to enable the interrupt
>  					endpoint for the VC interface
> -		================	=============================
> +		===================	=============================
>  
>  What:		/config/usb-gadget/gadget/functions/uvc.name/control/class
>  Date:		Dec 2014
> -- 
> 2.34.1
> 

I am going to start to get stricter, you know better, here's the result
of my bot:

Hi,

This is the friendly patch-bot of Greg Kroah-Hartman.  You have sent him
a patch that has triggered this response.  He used to manually respond
to these common problems, but in order to save his sanity (he kept
writing the same thing over and over, yet to different people), I was
created.  Hopefully you will not take offence and will fix the problem
in your patch and resubmit it so that it can be accepted into the Linux
kernel tree.

You are receiving this message because of the following common error(s)
as indicated below:

- This looks like a new version of a previously submitted patch, but you
  did not list below the --- line any changes from the previous version.
  Please read the section entitled "The canonical patch format" in the
  kernel file, Documentation/process/submitting-patches.rst for what
  needs to be done here to properly describe this.

If you wish to discuss this problem further, or you have questions about
how to resolve this issue, please feel free to respond to this email and
Greg will reply once he has dug out from the pending patches received
from other developers.

thanks,

greg k-h's patch email bot