Subject: Re: linux-next: Signed-off-by missing for commits in the net-next tree

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2022 22:50:09 +0000

On Thu, Jan 27, 2022 at 07:57:02AM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
> 
> Commits
> 
>   04a0683f7db4 ("net: stmmac: convert to phylink_generic_validate()")
>   f4c296c90976 ("net: stmmac: remove phylink_config.pcs_poll usage")
>   d194923d51c9 ("net: stmmac: fill in supported_interfaces")
>   92c3807b9ac3 ("net: stmmac: convert to phylink_get_linkmodes()")
>   be6ec5b70266 ("net: xpcs: add support for retrieving supported interface modes")
> 
> are missing a Signed-off-by from their author.

Hi Stephen,

Sigh, this is more vim stupidity. The commits _look_ fine in vim and
look fine in git log on an 80 column display, but that is because the
"Tested-by" line somehow ended up with the perfect amount of space
characters to make it so.

This is not the first time this has happened - it keeps happening, and
I've no clue why it keeps happening, other than rediculous vi behaviour.
I'm sorry, but I don't see any solution to it at the moment. Maybe
someone can suggest something that (a) prevents it happening when I
paste in the Tested-by line, and (b) makes vim show when lines in a
commit message are longer than 80 characters?

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 40Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!