Subject: Re: [next] arm: boot failed - PC is at cpu_ca15_set_pte_ext

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 10:44:58 +0100

On Wed, Apr 20, 2022 at 02:25:32PM +0530, Naresh Kamboju wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Apr 2022 at 00:28, Russell King (Oracle)
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Apr 19, 2022 at 04:28:52PM +0530, Naresh Kamboju wrote:
> > > Linux next 20220419 boot failed on arm architecture qemu_arm and BeagleBoard
> > > x15 device.
> >
> > Was the immediately previous linux-next behaving correctly?
> 
> This crash started happening from the next-20220413 tag.

That rules out any arm32 specific changes - the last time my tree
changed in for-next was 1st April.

Ard points out that the pte table is on the stack, which it really
should not be. I'm guessing there's some inappropriate generic
kernel change that has broken arm32. A pte table should never ever
appear on a kernel stack.

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 40Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!