Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for Jul 14

From: "Sudip Mukherjee (Codethink)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2022 12:07:06 +0100

Hi Stephen,

On Thu, Jul 14, 2022 at 06:55:14PM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
> Changes since 20220713:

Build failures on next-20220714:

csky, xtensa and mips allmodconfig fails with:

drivers/net/wireless/mac80211_hwsim.c: In function 'mac80211_hwsim_tx_frame_nl':
drivers/net/wireless/mac80211_hwsim.c:1431:37: error: cast to pointer from integer of different size [-Werror=int-to-pointer-cast]
 1431 |         info->rate_driver_data[0] = (void *)cookie;
      |                                     ^
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors
make[3]: *** [scripts/Makefile.build:250: drivers/net/wireless/mac80211_hwsim.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [scripts/Makefile.build:525: drivers/net/wireless] Error 2
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
drivers/scsi/mpi3mr/mpi3mr_os.c: In function 'mpi3mr_queue_qd_reduction_event':
drivers/scsi/mpi3mr/mpi3mr_os.c:389:40: error: cast from pointer to integer of different size [-Werror=pointer-to-int-cast]
  389 |         *(__le64 *)fwevt->event_data = (__le64)tg;
      |                                        ^
drivers/scsi/mpi3mr/mpi3mr_os.c: In function 'mpi3mr_fwevt_bh':
drivers/scsi/mpi3mr/mpi3mr_os.c:1655:22: error: cast to pointer from integer of different size [-Werror=int-to-pointer-cast]
 1655 |                 tg = (struct mpi3mr_throttle_group_info *)
 
_____________________________________________________________________________________

arm and arm64 allmodconfig fails with:

make[3]: *** No rule to make target 'drivers/pinctrl/sunxi/pinctrl-sun20i-d1.o', needed by 'drivers/pinctrl/sunxi/built-in.a'.  Stop.
 
_____________________________________________________________________________________

x86_64 allmodconfig with clang fails with:

drivers/clk/qcom/gpucc-sm8350.c:111:2: error: initializer element is not a compile-time constant
        gpu_cc_parent,
        ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/clk/qcom/gpucc-sm8350.c:126:2: error: initializer element is not a compile-time constant
        gpu_cc_parent,
        ^~~~~~~~~~~~~

arch/x86/kernel/cpu/bugs.c:58:21: error: section attribute is specified on redeclared variable [-Werror,-Wsection]
DEFINE_PER_CPU(u64, x86_spec_ctrl_current);
                    ^
./arch/x86/include/asm/nospec-branch.h:283:12: note: previous declaration is here
extern u64 x86_spec_ctrl_current;
_____________________________________________________________________________________

--
Regards
Sudip