Subject: Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the cgroup tree

From: Tejun Heo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 12:16:32 -1000

Hello,

On Mon, Sep 12, 2022 at 08:44:48AM -1000, Tejun Heo wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 12, 2022 at 09:38:58AM +0200, Peter Zijlstra wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 12, 2022 at 04:18:12PM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > > 
> > > After merging the cgroup tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
> > > allmodconfig) failed like this:
> > 
> > Hmm,. TJ should I base sched/psi on top of drivers-core-next and your
> > cgroup tree?
> 
> Yeah, this is kinda nasty. Lemme just pull drivers-core-next into
> cgorup/for-6.1 so that folks don't have to worry about this and you can just
> pull that one.

I initially thought that driver-core-next was conflicting with
cgroup/for-6.1 but this is simpler. It's a straight forward conflict between
the PSI patchset in the tip tree and changes in cgroup/for-6.1 which are
cleaning up some cftype handling, and the patch that Stephen applied is
correct. So, we can do one of the following two:

1. Leave it as-is. Stephen's patch is correct and we can just let Linus know
   how to resolve it on the pull requests.

2. Pull cgroup/for-6.1 into the tip tree and preemptively resolve the
   conflict there.

I'm leaning towards #1 but #2 is fine too. Peter, what do you wanna do?

Thanks.

-- 
tejun