Subject: linux-next: Tree for Dec 6

From: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2024 14:53:57 +0000

Hi all,

Stephen should be back on Monday and normal serivce restored.

Changes since 20241205:

The drm-xe tree gained a conflict with the drm-fixes tree.

The iio tree gained a conflict with the iio-fixes tree.

The iio tree gained a build failure due to the module changes in Linus'
tree.

Non-merge commits (relative to Linus' tree): 1885
 1971 files changed, 73323 insertions(+), 37908 deletions(-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have created today's linux-next tree at
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git
(patches at http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/next/ ).  If you
are tracking the linux-next tree using git, you should not use "git pull"
to do so as that will try to merge the new linux-next release with the
old one.  You should use "git fetch" and checkout or reset to the new
master.

You can see which trees have been included by looking in the Next/Trees
file in the source.  There is also the merge.log file in the Next
directory.  Between each merge, the tree was built with a defconfig
for arm64, an allmodconfig for x86_64, a multi_v7_defconfig for arm
and a native build of tools/perf.

Below is a summary of the state of the merge.

I am currently merging 389 trees (counting Linus' and 149 trees of bug
fix patches pending for the current release).

Stats about the size of the tree over time can be seen at
http://neuling.org/linux-next-size.html .

Thanks to Randy Dunlap for doing many randconfig builds.  And to Paul
Gortmaker for triage and bug fixes.