Subject: Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the bitmap tree

From: Catalin Marinas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2025 14:10:25 +0000

Hi Stephen,

On Wed, Feb 19, 2025 at 12:49:34AM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Feb 2025 11:35:02 +0100 Beata Michalska <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > I'm currently testing a proper fix for that one.
> > Should I just send it over as a diff to apply or rather a proper 'fixes' patch?
> 
> Maybe a proper 'fixes' patch, please, if easy - otherwise a diff is
> fine.

I just talked to Beata off-list. I think she'll try to use the current
for_each_cpu_wrap() API and avoid conflicts with the cpumask_next_wrap()
API change.

If that doesn't work, you either carry a patch in -next until both
branches end up upstream or I merge a stable bitmap branch from Yury
with a fix on top.

Thanks.

-- 
Catalin