Subject: Re: linux-next: duplicate patch in the perf tree

From: Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2023 19:20:16 -0300

Em Fri, Nov 24, 2023 at 09:14:58AM +1100, Stephen Rothwell escreveu:
> Hi all,
> 
> The following commit is also in the perf-current tree as a different
> commit (but the same patch):
> 
>   a399ee6773d6 ("tools: Disable __packed attribute compiler warning due to -Werror=attributes")
> 
> This is commit
> 
>   57686a72da08 ("tools: Disable __packed attribute compiler warning due to -Werror=attributes")
> 
> in the perf-current tree.

Yeah, We're in the first phases of versioned co-maintainership and when
I tried to test perf-tools, now being maintained by Namhyung, I noticed
a problem that had been fixed on perf-tools-next, that I'm maintaining,
so I asked Namhyung to cherry-pick something slated for 6.8 to the 6.7
tree.

- Arnaldo