Subject: Re: linux-next: duplicate patches in the vfs-brauner tree

From: Dominique Martinet <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2024 08:59:21 +0900

Thanks Stephen!

[off topic, I just spent 10 minutes looking for the list of urls of the
repos merged into linux-next to check that 'vfs-brauner' tree commit as
it doesn't appear to be in next yet, and couldn't find it as there's no
"Merge branch x of ...brauner" commit in next at the moment.
I'm sure it's there somewhere and I didn't look at the right place, but
perhaps a link to such a list could be added to either of the following
(which all describe linux-next to some level):
- https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/linux-next.html
- Documentation/process/howto.rst
- Documentation/process/2.Process.rst
/off topic]

Christian,

Stephen Rothwell wrote on Thu, Apr 04, 2024 at 10:10:38AM +1100:
> [...]
> 528aa74c091d ("9p: Clean up a kdoc warning.")
> 
> These are commit
> [...] 
>   7013482ff594 ("9p/trans_fd: remove Excess kernel-doc comment")
> 
> from the v9fs tree.

Thanks for picking that commit up (assuming you did recently); I've had
it in my tree for a while and should have submitted it for 6.9-rc1 but
the other 9p tree brought a few bugs in at the same time to I had held
it off for safety, but it doesn't really make sense and I should have
sent it a while ago.

I only have a handful of patches so I can send them today/tomorrow if
you drop your's, or I can drop this one here and send the rest
shortly later to avoid further confusion.

Cheers,
-- 
Dominique Martinet | Asmadeus