Subject: linux-next: Tree for Jun 27

From: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2024 18:48:52 +0100

Hi all,

Changes since 20240626:

The rpmsg tree gained a build failure, I used the version from 20240626
instead.

The vfs-brauner tree gained a build failure, I used the version from
20240626 instead.

The drm tree gained multiple conflicts with the drm-fixes tree.

The drm tree gained a conflict with Linus' tree.

The leds-lj tree gained a conflict with the chrome-platform tree.

Non-merge commits (relative to Linus' tree): 8127
 8860 files changed, 765288 insertions(+), 152271 deletions(-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have created today's linux-next tree at
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git
(patches at http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/next/ ).  If you
are tracking the linux-next tree using git, you should not use "git pull"
to do so as that will try to merge the new linux-next release with the
old one.  You should use "git fetch" and checkout or reset to the new
master.

You can see which trees have been included by looking in the Next/Trees
file in the source.  There is also the merge.log file in the Next
directory.  Between each merge, the tree was built with a defconfig
for arm64, an allmodconfig for x86_64, a multi_v7_defconfig for arm
and a native build of tools/perf.

Below is a summary of the state of the merge.

I am currently merging 378 trees (counting Linus' and 106 trees of bug
fix patches pending for the current merge release).

Stats about the size of the tree over time can be seen at
http://neuling.org/linux-next-size.html .

Status of my local build tests will be at
http://kisskb.ellerman.id.au/linux-next .  If maintainers want to give
advice about cross compilers/configs that work, we are always open to add
more builds.

Thanks to Randy Dunlap for doing many randconfig builds.  And to Paul
Gortmaker for triage and bug fixes.