Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the kvm-riscv tree with the perf tree

From: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2024 19:56:57 +0100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the kvm-riscv tree got a conflict in:

  tools/perf/arch/riscv/util/Build

between commit:

  e467705a9fb37 ("perf util: Make util its own library")

from the perf tree and commit:

  da7b1b525e972 ("perf kvm/riscv: Port perf kvm stat to RISC-V")

from the kvm-riscv tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

diff --cc tools/perf/arch/riscv/util/Build
index 65ec3c66a3754,d72b04f8d32bb..0000000000000
--- a/tools/perf/arch/riscv/util/Build
+++ b/tools/perf/arch/riscv/util/Build
@@@ -1,5 -1,6 +1,6 @@@
 -perf-y += perf_regs.o
 -perf-y += header.o
 +perf-util-y += perf_regs.o
 +perf-util-y += header.o
  
 -perf-$(CONFIG_LIBTRACEEVENT) += kvm-stat.o
 -perf-$(CONFIG_DWARF) += dwarf-regs.o
 -perf-$(CONFIG_LIBDW_DWARF_UNWIND) += unwind-libdw.o
++perf-util-$(CONFIG_LIBTRACEEVENT) += kvm-stat.o
 +perf-util-$(CONFIG_DWARF) += dwarf-regs.o
 +perf-util-$(CONFIG_LIBDW_DWARF_UNWIND) += unwind-libdw.o