Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the vfs-brauner tree with the bcachefs tree

From: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2024 17:55:55 +0100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the vfs-brauner tree got a conflict in:

  fs/bcachefs/fs.c

between commit:

  7124a8982b621 ("bcachefs: Add missing bch_inode_info.ei_flags init")

from the bcachefs tree and commit:

  9e89318f7b885 ("bcachefs: remove now spurious i_state initialization")

from the vfs-brauner tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

diff --cc fs/bcachefs/fs.c
index 4a3e9f429cf7f,55348c5e04c52..0000000000000
--- a/fs/bcachefs/fs.c
+++ b/fs/bcachefs/fs.c
@@@ -227,10 -227,7 +227,9 @@@ static struct bch_inode_info *__bch2_ne
  	mutex_init(&inode->ei_update_lock);
  	two_state_lock_init(&inode->ei_pagecache_lock);
  	INIT_LIST_HEAD(&inode->ei_vfs_inode_list);
 +	inode->ei_flags = 0;
  	mutex_init(&inode->ei_quota_lock);
 +	memset(&inode->ei_devs_need_flush, 0, sizeof(inode->ei_devs_need_flush));
- 	inode->v.i_state = 0;
  
  	if (unlikely(inode_init_always(c->vfs_sb, &inode->v))) {
  		kmem_cache_free(bch2_inode_cache, inode);
diff --cc fs/nfs/symlink.c
index 13818129d268f,1c62a5a9f51d4..0000000000000
--- a/fs/nfs/symlink.c
+++ b/fs/nfs/symlink.c