Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the tip tree

From: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2024 15:42:18 +0100

Hi all,

After merging the tip tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

/tmp/next/build/drivers/irqchip/irq-dw-apb-ictl.c:33:25: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'dw_apb_ictl_handle_irq'
   33 | static void __irq_entry dw_apb_ictl_handle_irq(struct pt_regs *regs)
      |                         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from /tmp/next/build/drivers/irqchip/irq-dw-apb-ictl.c:15:
/tmp/next/build/drivers/irqchip/irq-dw-apb-ictl.c: In function 'dw_apb_ictl_init':
/tmp/next/build/drivers/irqchip/irq-dw-apb-ictl.c:206:32: error: 'dw_apb_ictl_handle_irq' undeclared (first use in this function); did you mean 'dw_apb_ictl_init'?
  206 |                 set_handle_irq(dw_apb_ictl_handle_irq);
      |                                ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/tmp/next/build/include/linux/irq.h:1331:23: note: in definition of macro 'set_handle_irq'
 1331 |                 (void)handle_irq;               \
      |                       ^~~~~~~~~~
/tmp/next/build/drivers/irqchip/irq-dw-apb-ictl.c:206:32: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
  206 |                 set_handle_irq(dw_apb_ictl_handle_irq);
      |                                ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/tmp/next/build/include/linux/irq.h:1331:23: note: in definition of macro 'set_handle_irq'
 1331 |                 (void)handle_irq;               \
      |                       ^~~~~~~~~~

Caused by commit

  7cc4f309c933ec5d ("irqchip/dw-apb-ictl: Support building as module")

(I think, I didn't specifically verify.)  I have used the tree from
20240624 instead.