Subject: Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the workqueues tree

From: Tejun Heo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2025 20:15:15 -1000

Hello,

On Thu, Apr 17, 2025 at 02:26:36PM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
...
> I am still seeing this failure.  Forgot to push out?

Hah, we might be seeing some caching problem.

  htejun@slm ~/o/wq (for-next)> git rev-list for-next \^master --oneline
  24cdab5787a0 workqueue: Better document teardown for delayed_work
  htejun@slm ~/o/wq (for-next)> git push [email-masked]:pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tj/wq.git for-next:for-next
  Everything up-to-date
  htejun@slm ~/o/wq (for-next)> git fetch -f [email-masked]:pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tj/wq.git for-next:tmp 
  htejun@slm ~/o/wq (for-next)> git rev-list tmp \^master --oneline
  24cdab5787a0 workqueue: Better document teardown for delayed_work
  htejun@slm ~/o/wq (for-next)> git fetch https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tj/wq.git for-next:tmp2                                                    
  From https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tj/wq
   * [new branch]                for-next   -> tmp2
  htejun@slm ~/o/wq (for-next)> git rev-list tmp2 \^master --oneline
  2762750ac5c6 workqueue: Better document teardown for delayed_work
  345e029b561e rust: workqueue: remove HasWork::OFFSET

Cc'ing [email-masked]. Imma leave the tree as-is for debugging. The
tree only has a documentation patch, so it's fine to skip for linux-next for
now. I'll wait a couple days and if the problem doesn't get resolved, I'll
try to update the branch and see whether the stale cache clears.

Thanks.

-- 
tejun