Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the tip tree with the risc-v tree

From: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2025 14:24:09 +0100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the tip tree got a conflict in:

  arch/riscv/Kconfig

between commit:

  205cbc7148424 ("riscv: Enable ARCH_HAVE_NMI_SAFE_CMPXCHG")

from the risc-v tree and commits:

  eb3b66aab72c1 ("riscv: vdso: Untangle Kconfig logic")
  7b338f6d4e3d6 ("vdso: Drop Kconfig GENERIC_VDSO_DATA_STORE")
  bad53ae2dc429 ("vdso: Drop Kconfig GENERIC_VDSO_TIME_NS")

from the tip tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

diff --cc arch/riscv/Kconfig
index 31db5768e1e97,b346678ef6c55..0000000000000
--- a/arch/riscv/Kconfig
+++ b/arch/riscv/Kconfig
@@@ -53,8 -52,7 +53,8 @@@ config RISC
  	select ARCH_HAS_SYSCALL_WRAPPER
  	select ARCH_HAS_TICK_BROADCAST if GENERIC_CLOCKEVENTS_BROADCAST
  	select ARCH_HAS_UBSAN
- 	select ARCH_HAS_VDSO_ARCH_DATA if GENERIC_VDSO_DATA_STORE
 +	select ARCH_HAVE_NMI_SAFE_CMPXCHG
+ 	select ARCH_HAS_VDSO_ARCH_DATA if HAVE_GENERIC_VDSO
  	select ARCH_KEEP_MEMBLOCK if ACPI
  	select ARCH_MHP_MEMMAP_ON_MEMORY_ENABLE	if 64BIT && MMU
  	select ARCH_OPTIONAL_KERNEL_RWX if ARCH_HAS_STRICT_KERNEL_RWX