Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the btrfs tree with the btrfs-fixes tree

From: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2025 12:26:38 +0100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the btrfs tree got a conflict in:

  fs/btrfs/compression.c

between commit:

  4b63a8a8330e2 ("btrfs: reject invalid compression level")

from the btrfs-fixes tree and commit:

  6e8a10e90f2d4 ("btrfs: reject invalid compression level")

from the btrfs tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

diff --cc fs/btrfs/compression.c
index 5329712d5dfb0,c865e0f2a7e87..0000000000000
--- a/fs/btrfs/compression.c
+++ b/fs/btrfs/compression.c