Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the bluetooth tree with the origin tree

From: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2025 10:23:26 +0100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the bluetooth tree got a conflict in:

  net/bluetooth/mgmt.c

between commit:

  6bbd0d3f0c23f ("Bluetooth: hci_sync: fix set_local_name race condition")

from the origin tree and commit:

  3b3eb857d5ab6 ("Bluetooth: MGMT: Fix possible UAFs")

from the bluetooth tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

diff --cc net/bluetooth/mgmt.c
index 50634ef5c8b70,ee7068fb9fb59..0000000000000
--- a/net/bluetooth/mgmt.c
+++ b/net/bluetooth/mgmt.c