Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the drm tree with the origin tree

From: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2025 13:38:10 +0100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the drm tree got a conflict in:

  drivers/gpu/drm/xe/xe_device_sysfs.c

between commits:

  ff89a4d285c82 ("drm/xe/sysfs: Add cleanup action in xe_device_sysfs_init")
  500dad428e5b0 ("drm/xe/vf: Don't expose sysfs attributes not applicable for VFs")

from the origin tree and commits:

  1a869168d91f1 ("drm/xe/sysfs: Add cleanup action in xe_device_sysfs_init")
  a2d6223d224f3 ("drm/xe/vf: Don't expose sysfs attributes not applicable for VFs")
  fb3c27a69c473 ("drm/xe/sysfs: Simplify sysfs registration")

from the drm tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

diff --cc drivers/gpu/drm/xe/xe_device_sysfs.c
index 927ee7991696b,c5151c86a98ae..0000000000000
--- a/drivers/gpu/drm/xe/xe_device_sysfs.c
+++ b/drivers/gpu/drm/xe/xe_device_sysfs.c