Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the vhost tree with the net-next tree

From: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2025 15:40:28 +0100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the vhost tree got a conflict in:

  include/linux/ptr_ring.h

between commit:

  4e9510f162188 ("ptr_ring: drop duplicated tail zeroing code")

from the net-next tree and commits:

  4a37c69fc60bf ("ptr_ring: drop duplicated tail zeroing code")

from the vhost tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

diff --cc include/linux/ptr_ring.h
index a736b16859a6c,ba90c0e6ce703..0000000000000
--- a/include/linux/ptr_ring.h
+++ b/include/linux/ptr_ring.h