Subject: linux-next: Tree for Oct 10

From: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2025 13:18:33 +0100

Hi all,

Changes since 20251009:

None!

Non-merge commits (relative to Linus' tree): 717
 732 files changed, 16594 insertions(+), 10340 deletions(-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have created today's linux-next tree at
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git
(patches at http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/next/ ).  If you
are tracking the linux-next tree using git, you should not use "git pull"
to do so as that will try to merge the new linux-next release with the
old one.  You should use "git fetch" and checkout or reset to the new
master.

You can see which trees have been included by looking in the Next/Trees
file in the source.  There is also the merge.log file in the Next
directory.  Between each merge, the tree was built with an arm64
defconfig, an allmodconfig for x86_64, a multi_v7_defconfig for arm and
a native build of tools/perf. After the final fixups (if any), I do an
x86_64 modules_install followed by builds for x86_64 allnoconfig,
powerpc allnoconfig (32 and 64 bit), ppc44x_defconfig, allyesconfig and
pseries_le_defconfig and i386, arm64, s390, sparc and sparc64 defconfig
and htmldocs. And finally, a simple boot test of the powerpc
pseries_le_defconfig kernel in qemu (with and without kvm enabled).

Below is a summary of the state of the merge.

I am currently merging 407 trees (counting Linus' and 406 trees of bug
fix patches pending for the current release).

Stats about the size of the tree over time can be seen at
http://neuling.org/linux-next-size.html .

Thanks to Randy Dunlap for doing many randconfig builds.  And to Paul
Gortmaker for triage and bug fixes.