Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the mm-nonmm-unstable tree

From: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2025 14:25:52 +0100

Hi all,

After merging the mm-nonmm-unstable tree, today's linux-next build
(x86 allmodconfig) failed like this:

In file included from /tmp/next/build/samples/vfs/test-list-all-mounts.c:11:
/tmp/next/build/samples/vfs/../../tools/testing/selftests/pidfd/pidfd.h:28:10: fatal error: kselftest.h: No such file or directory
   28 | #include "kselftest.h"
      |          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make[5]: *** [/tmp/next/build/scripts/Makefile.userprogs:29: samples/vfs/test-list-all-mounts] Error 1
make[4]: *** [/tmp/next/build/scripts/Makefile.build:556: samples/vfs] Error 2
make[4]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[3]: *** [/tmp/next/build/scripts/Makefile.build:556: samples] Error 2
make[3]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[2]: *** [/tmp/next/build/Makefile:2010: .] Error 2
make[1]: *** [/tmp/next/build/Makefile:248: __sub-make] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:248: __sub-make] Error 2

Caused by commit

  f46a41a153634 (selftests: complete kselftest include centralization)

I have reverted that commit for today.