Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the libcrypto tree with the crypto tree

From: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2025 15:01:47 +0100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the libcrypto tree got a conflict in:

  arch/x86/crypto/aes-gcm-vaes-avx2.S

between commits:

  f6c31b7871903 ("crypto: x86/aes-gcm - add VAES+AVX2 optimized code")
  d4acd8519d2ad ("crypto: x86/aes-gcm - rename avx10 and avx10_512 to avx512")

from the crypto tree and commits:

  ae40f6df72d10 ("crypto: x86/aes-gcm - add VAES+AVX2 optimized code")
  9bc4bcca89e45 ("crypto: x86/aes-gcm - rename avx10 and avx10_512 to avx512")

from the libcrypto tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

(I'm not very confident of this resolution which was a bit bigger than
it looks from the diff below, I've no real idea about x86 assembly)

diff --cc arch/x86/crypto/aes-gcm-vaes-avx2.S
index 5ccbd85383cdd,d9754e683bde3..0000000000000
--- a/arch/x86/crypto/aes-gcm-vaes-avx2.S
+++ b/arch/x86/crypto/aes-gcm-vaes-avx2.S
@@@ -689,7 -687,7 +688,8 @@@ SYM_FUNC_END(aes_gcm_aad_update_vaes_av
  	.set	LE_CTR_PTR32,	%esi
  	.set	GHASH_ACC_PTR,	%rdx
  	.set	SRC,		%rcx	// Assumed to be %rcx.
 +					// See .Ltail_xor_and_ghash_partial_vec
+ 					// See .Ltail_xor_and_ghash_1to16bytes
  	.set	DST,		%r8
  	.set	DATALEN,	%r9d
  	.set	DATALEN64,	%r9	// Zero-extend DATALEN before using!