Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the mm-nonmm-unstable tree with the spdx tree

From: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2026 12:32:25 +0000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the mm-nonmm-unstable tree got a conflict in:

  kernel/cpu.c

between commit:

  330eb955ea9e7 ("kernel: add SPDX-License-Identifier lines")

from the spdx tree and commit:

  30811b31fac32 ("kernel: add SPDX-License-Identifier lines")

from the mm-nonmm-unstable tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

diff --cc kernel/cpu.c
index 5185c0be847a0,a7a1cf8ea8e08..0000000000000
--- a/kernel/cpu.c
+++ b/kernel/cpu.c