Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the ntfs3 tree

From: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2026 13:07:54 +0000

Hi all,

After merging the ntfs3 tree, today's linux-next build (arm
multi_v7_defconfig) failed like this:

/tmp/next/build/fs/ntfs3/inode.c: In function 'ntfs_read_folio':
/tmp/next/build/fs/ntfs3/inode.c:678:9: error: too few arguments to function 'iomap_read_folio'
  678 |         iomap_read_folio(&ntfs_iomap_ops, &ctx);
      |         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from /tmp/next/build/fs/ntfs3/inode.c:15:
/tmp/next/build/include/linux/iomap.h:347:6: note: declared here
  347 | void iomap_read_folio(const struct iomap_ops *ops,
      |      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/tmp/next/build/fs/ntfs3/inode.c: In function 'ntfs_readahead':
/tmp/next/build/fs/ntfs3/inode.c:702:9: error: too few arguments to function 'iomap_readahead'
  702 |         iomap_readahead(&ntfs_iomap_ops, &ctx);
      |         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/tmp/next/build/include/linux/iomap.h:349:6: note: declared here
  349 | void iomap_readahead(const struct iomap_ops *ops,
      |      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Caused by commit

   099ef9ab9203d (fs/ntfs3: implement iomap-based file operations)

interacting with commit

   b2f35ac4146d3 (iomap: add caller-provided callbacks for read and readahead)

from Linus' tree. I have moved the merge fixup from the vfs-brauner
tree.