Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the thermal tree with the pm tree

From: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2026 16:45:43 +0000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the thermal tree got a conflict in:

  tools/lib/thermal/libthermal.pc.template

between commit:

  5addf72e4f7ef ("tools: lib: thermal: Correct CFLAGS and LDFLAGS in pkg-config template")

from the pm tree and commit:

  965ef09a26f3e ("tools: lib: thermal: Correct CFLAGS and LDFLAGS in pkg-config template")

from the thermal tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

diff --cc tools/lib/thermal/libthermal.pc.template
index b984c5ecd20a9,3b8a24d0a8b8c..0000000000000
--- a/tools/lib/thermal/libthermal.pc.template
+++ b/tools/lib/thermal/libthermal.pc.template