Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the drm tree with the mm-unstable tree

From: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2026 14:17:46 +0000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the drm tree got a conflict in:

  drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdkfd/kfd_process.c

between commit:

  8635c94737032 ("drm/amd: kill the outdated "Only the pthreads threading model is supported" checks")

from the mm-unstable tree and commit:

  d59e9d2d556ad ("amdkfd: process pointer of a HIQ should be NULL")

from the drm tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

diff --cc drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdkfd/kfd_process.c
index f8ef18a3aa71d,ba25d83c23e78..0000000000000
--- a/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdkfd/kfd_process.c
+++ b/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdkfd/kfd_process.c