Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the btrfs-fixes tree

From: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2026 12:51:15 +0000

Hi all,

After merging the btrfs-fixes tree, today's linux-next build
(arm64 defconfig) failed like this:

/tmp/next/build/fs/btrfs/bio.c: In function 'btrfs_split_bio':
/tmp/next/build/fs/btrfs/bio.c:102:13: error: 'struct btrfs_bio' has no member named 'can_use_append'
  102 |         bbio->can_use_append = orig_bbio->can_use_append;
      |             ^~
/tmp/next/build/fs/btrfs/bio.c:102:41: error: 'struct btrfs_bio' has no member named 'can_use_append'
  102 |         bbio->can_use_append = orig_bbio->can_use_append;
      |                                         ^~
/tmp/next/build/fs/btrfs/bio.c:104:13: error: 'struct btrfs_bio' has no member named 'is_remap'
  104 |         bbio->is_remap = orig_bbio->is_remap;
      |             ^~
/tmp/next/build/fs/btrfs/bio.c:104:35: error: 'struct btrfs_bio' has no member named 'is_remap'
  104 |         bbio->is_remap = orig_bbio->is_remap;
      |                                   ^~

Caused by commit

   4b40b1c47f937 (btrfs: fix copying the flags of btrfs_bio after split)

I have used the version from 20260128 instead.