Subject: Re: [PATCH next] phy: renesas: rcar-gen3-usb2: Drop local devm_mux_state_get_optional()

From: Vinod Koul <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2026 16:47:15 +0530

On 12-02-26, 11:39, Ulf Hansson wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Feb 2026 at 17:17, Vinod Koul <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > Should I drop the 8bb92fd7a0407792 and it makes things easier for
> > everyone and then we can pick fixed commit for 7.1 cycle..
> 
> Well, my pull request for MMC was broken (the mux patches didn't get
> properly tested in linux-next, until it was too late), so Linus will
> not take it.

Yeah I saw that one, sorry for that

> At this point I would say that 8bb92fd7a0407792 is still a bit
> problematic as it uses the same name of the helper that the mux core
> intends to use. It would be better with a phy specific name for it, so
> it becomes easier to convert to the common mux helper, later on.
> Although, at this point it's still okay as is, as we will need to
> defer the mux core changes to v7.1 anyway.
> 
> So up to you!

In that case, I can keep as is for now. We can rename the api as a fix
and proper changes can go in for 7.1

-- 
~Vinod