Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the drm tree with the origin tree

From: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2026 22:47:02 +0000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the drm tree got a conflict in:

  drivers/gpu/drm/xe/xe_guc.c

between commit:

  4cb1b327135ddd ("drm/xe/guc: Fix CFI violation in debugfs access.")

from the origin tree and commits:

  43fb9e113bf11d ("drm/xe/gt: Introduce runtime suspend/resume")
  6e035abf98b05f ("drm/xe/guc: Fix CFI violation in debugfs access.")
  3947e482b5ebb9 ("drm/xe/guc: Use scope-based cleanup")

from the drm tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

diff --cc drivers/gpu/drm/xe/xe_guc.c
index edb939f2626851,6df7c3f260e5bd..00000000000000
--- a/drivers/gpu/drm/xe/xe_guc.c
+++ b/drivers/gpu/drm/xe/xe_guc.c