Subject: linux-next: Tree for Mar 3

From: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2026 14:48:27 +0000

Hi all,

Changes since 20260302:

The hid lost it's build failure.

The amdgpu tree acquired a conflict with the origin tree.

The sched-ext tree acquired a conflict with the tip tree.

The battery tree acquired a build failure, I used the version from
next-20260302 instead.

The kunit-next tree acquired a conflict with the kunit-fixes tree.

Non-merge commits (relative to Linus' tree): 3030
 3479 files changed, 253845 insertions(+), 54402 deletions(-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have created today's linux-next tree at
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git
(patches at http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/next/ ).  If you
are tracking the linux-next tree using git, you should not use "git pull"
to do so as that will try to merge the new linux-next release with the
old one.  You should use "git fetch" and checkout or reset to the new
master.

You can see which trees have been included by looking in the Next/Trees
file in the source.  There is also the merge.log file in the Next
directory.  Between each merge, the tree was built with a defconfig
for arm64, an allmodconfig for x86_64, a multi_v7_defconfig for arm,
an arm64 build of various kselftests, a KUnit build and run on arm64,
and a native build of tools/perf.  After the final fixups (if any), I do
an x86_64 modules_install followed by builds for x86_64 allnoconfig,
arm64 allyesconfig, powerpc allnoconfig (32 and 64 bit),
ppc44x_defconfig and pseries_le_defconfig and i386, s390, sparc and
sparc64 defconfig and htmldocs.

Below is a summary of the state of the merge.

I am currently merging 408 trees (counting Linus' and 122 trees of bug
fix patches pending for the current release).

Stats about the size of the tree over time can be seen at
http://neuling.org/linux-next-size.html .

Thanks to Paul Gortmaker for triage and bug fixes.