Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the kunit-next tree with the kunit-fixes tree

From: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2026 14:00:14 +0000

Hi all,

[I note that Shuah is the only contact listed for the KUnit trees, is
that right?]

Today's linux-next merge of the kunit-next tree got a conflict in:

  tools/testing/kunit/kunit_tool_test.py

between commit:

  40804c4974b8d ("kunit: tool: copy caller args in run_kernel to prevent mutation")

from the kunit-fixes tree and commit:

  7e331b560a76d ("kunit: tool: skip stty when stdin is not a tty")

from the kunit-next tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

[Sorry, forgot to diff - it's a simple add/add.]