Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the xen-tip tree

From: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2026 14:27:11 +0000

Hi all,

After merging the xen-tip tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

In file included from /tmp/next/build/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/../display/dc/dc_types.h:38,
                 from /tmp/next/build/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/../display/dc/dm_services_types.h:30,
                 from /tmp/next/build/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/../include/dm_pp_interface.h:26,
                 from /tmp/next/build/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu.h:56,
                 from /tmp/next/build/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/atombios_crtc.c:29:
/tmp/next/build/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/../display/dc/dc_hw_types.h:221:6: error: 'pixel_format' defined as wrong kind of tag
  221 | enum pixel_format {
      |      ^~~~~~~~~~~~

Caused (I think) by commit

  4e05a08c6f3f3 (ACPI, x86/boot: Remove {set|get}_root_pointer() ACPI callbacks)

which changes the inclusions and I think triggers namespace clashes with
the unnamespaced pixel_format.  I've used the tree from next-20260303
instead but really the fix here is that amdgpu and other things defining
a pixel_format should namespace things, I'll consider if a revert is
more sensible.