Subject: Re: [REGRESSION 00/04] Crash during resume of pcie bridge

From: Bert Karwatzki <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2025 18:09:53 +0100

Am Freitag, dem 07.11.2025 um 14:09 +0100 schrieb Bert Karwatzki:
> 
> Testing:
> v6.12			booted 13:00, 7.11.2025 no crash after 1h, 890 GPP0 events, 287 resumes
> 
> 
> Bert Karwatzki

v6.12 crashed after 2h, 946 GPP0 events and 499 resumes. So there's no base
for a bisection. 

But the crash from v6.14.11 gave this error in netconsole:

2025-11-06T19:17:34.967439+01:00 T370;[drm] PCIE GART of 512M enabled (table at 0x00000081FEB00000).
2025-11-06T19:17:34.967439+01:00 T370;amdgpu 0000:03:00.0: amdgpu: PSP is resuming...#012 SUBSYSTEM=pci#012 DEVICE=+pci:0000:03:00.0
2025-11-06T19:17:34.967588+01:00 T12;pci_bus 0000:03: Allocating resources#012 SUBSYSTEM=pci_bus#012 DEVICE=+pci_bus:0000:03
2025-11-06T19:17:35.143353+01:00 T370;amdgpu 0000:03:00.0: amdgpu: reserve 0xa00000 from 0x81fd000000 for PSP TMR#012 SUBSYSTEM=pci#012 DEVICE=+pci:0000:03:00.0
2025-11-06T19:17:35.226021+01:00 T370;amdgpu 0000:03:00.0: amdgpu: RAS: optional ras ta ucode is not available#012 SUBSYSTEM=pci#012 DEVICE=+pci:0000:03:00.0
2025-11-06T19:17:35.237386+01:00 T370;amdgpu 0000:03:00.0: amdgpu: SECUREDISPLAY: securedisplay ta ucode is not available#012 SUBSYSTEM=pci#012
DEVICE=+pci:0000:03:00.0
2025-11-06T19:17:35.237386+01:00 T370;amdgpu 0000:03:00.0: amdgpu: SMU is resuming...#012 SUBSYSTEM=pci#012 DEVICE=+pci:0000:03:00.0
2025-11-06T19:17:35.237386+01:00 T370;amdgpu 0000:03:00.0: amdgpu: smu driver if version = 0x0000000f, smu fw if version = 0x00000013, smu fw program = 0,
version = 0x003b3100 (59.49.0)#012 SUBSYSTEM=pci#012 DEVICE=+pci:0000:03:00.0
2025-11-06T19:17:35.237386+01:00 T370;amdgpu 0000:03:00.0: amdgpu: SMU driver if version not matched#012 SUBSYSTEM=pci#012 DEVICE=+pci:0000:03:00.0
2025-11-06T19:17:35.509600+01:00 T370;amdgpu 0000:03:00.0: amdgpu: SMU: response:0xFFFFFFFF for index:6 param:0x00000000 message:EnableAllSmuFeatures?#012
SUBSYSTEM=pci#012 DEVICE=+pci:0000:03:00.0
2025-11-06T19:17:35.509600+01:00 T370;amdgpu 0000:03:00.0: amdgpu: Failed to enable requested dpm features!#012 SUBSYSTEM=pci#012 DEVICE=+pci:0000:03:00.0
2025-11-06T19:17:35.509600+01:00 T370;amdgpu 0000:03:00.0: amdgpu: Failed to setup smc hw!#012 SUBSYSTEM=pci#012 DEVICE=+pci:0000:03:00.0
2025-11-06T19:17:35.509600+01:00 T370;amdgpu 0000:03:00.0: amdgpu: resume of IP block <smu> failed -121#012 SUBSYSTEM=pci#012 DEVICE=+pci:0000:03:00.0
2025-11-06T19:17:35.509600+01:00 T370;amdgpu 0000:03:00.0: amdgpu: amdgpu_device_ip_resume failed (-121).#012 SUBSYSTEM=pci#012 DEVICE=+pci:0000:03:00.0
2025-11-06T19:17:36.114889+01:00 C8;INFO: NMI handler (perf_event_nmi_handler) took too long to run: 35.314 msecs
2025-11-06T19:17:36.114889+01:00 C8;perf: interrupt took too long (275880 > 2500), lowering kernel.perf_event_max_sample_rate to 1000
2025-11-06T19:17:37.930799+01:00 C4;INFO: NMI handler (perf_event_nmi_handler) took too long to run: 152.914 msecs
2025-11-06T19:17:37.930799+01:00 C4;perf: interrupt took too long (1194640 > 344850), lowering kernel.perf_event_max_sample_rate to 1000
2025-11-06T19:17:38.939845+01:00 C14;INFO: NMI handler (perf_event_nmi_handler) took too long to run: 197.312 msecs
2025-11-06T19:17:38.939845+01:00 C14;perf: interrupt took too long (1541521 > 1493300), lowering kernel.perf_event_max_sample_rate to 1000

These 4 lines have not been recorded previously, so perhaps I have to look
for a NULL pointer dereference in an error path:

2025-11-06T19:17:42.571252+01:00 T1896;ACPI Error: AE_TIME, Returned by Handler for [EmbeddedControl] (20240827/evregion-301)
2025-11-06T19:17:42.571252+01:00 T1896;ACPI Error: Timeout from EC hardware or EC device driver (20240827/evregion-311)
2025-11-06T19:17:42.571252+01:00 T1896;ACPI Error: Aborting method \x5c_SB.PCI0.SBRG.EC.BAT1.UPBS due to previous error (AE_TIME) (20240827/psparse-529)
2025-11-06T19:17:42.571252+01:00 T1896;ACPI Error: Aborting method \x5c_SB.PCI0.SBRG.EC.BAT1._BST due to previous error (AE_TIME) (20240827/psparse-529) 

Bert Karwatzki