Subject: linux-next: Tree for Mar 10

From: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2026 11:04:27 +0000

Hi all,

Changes since 20260309:

The vfs-brauner tree acquired a semantic conflict with the ntfs tree for
which I applied a patch.

The drm-intel tree acquired a conflict with the drm-intel-fixes tree.

The drm tree acquired a semantic conflict with the rdma treee for which
I applied a fix.

The tip tree acquired a KUnit hang/crash, I used the version from
20260309 instead.

The efi tree acquired a build failure, I used the version from 20260309
instead.

Non-merge commits (relative to Linus' tree): 4777
 4973 files changed, 320400 insertions(+), 82564 deletions(-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have created today's linux-next tree at
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git
(patches at http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/next/ ).  If you
are tracking the linux-next tree using git, you should not use "git pull"
to do so as that will try to merge the new linux-next release with the
old one.  You should use "git fetch" and checkout or reset to the new
master.

You can see which trees have been included by looking in the Next/Trees
file in the source.  There is also the merge.log file in the Next
directory.  Between each merge, the tree was built with a defconfig
for arm64, an allmodconfig for x86_64, a multi_v7_defconfig for arm,
an arm64 build of various kselftests, a KUnit build and run on arm64,
and a native build of tools/perf.  After the final fixups (if any), I do
an x86_64 modules_install followed by builds for x86_64 allnoconfig,
arm64 allyesconfig, powerpc allnoconfig (32 and 64 bit),
ppc44x_defconfig and pseries_le_defconfig and i386, s390, sparc and
sparc64 defconfig and htmldocs.

Below is a summary of the state of the merge.

I am currently merging 409 trees (counting Linus' and 122 trees of bug
fix patches pending for the current release).

Stats about the size of the tree over time can be seen at
http://neuling.org/linux-next-size.html .

Thanks to Paul Gortmaker for triage and bug fixes.