Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the usb tree with the battery tree

From: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2026 14:14:15 +0100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the usb tree got a conflict in:

  drivers/power/supply/Makefile

between commit:

  0ebf821cf6c75 ("power: supply: Add macsmc-power driver for Apple Silicon")

from the battery tree and commit:

  70d7dd27f6dc9 ("power: supply: max77759: add charger driver")

from the usb tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

diff --cc drivers/power/supply/Makefile
index f2efbb82707c7,6af905875ad5e..0000000000000
--- a/drivers/power/supply/Makefile
+++ b/drivers/power/supply/Makefile
@@@ -129,4 -128,4 +129,5 @@@ obj-$(CONFIG_CHARGER_SURFACE)	+= surfac
  obj-$(CONFIG_BATTERY_UG3105)	+= ug3105_battery.o
  obj-$(CONFIG_CHARGER_QCOM_SMB2)	+= qcom_smbx.o
  obj-$(CONFIG_FUEL_GAUGE_MM8013)	+= mm8013.o
 +obj-$(CONFIG_MACSMC_POWER)	+= macsmc-power.o
+ obj-$(CONFIG_CHARGER_MAX77759)	+= max77759_charger.o