Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the block tree with the drbd tree

From: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2026 15:41:00 +0000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the block tree got a conflict in:

  drivers/block/drbd/drbd_nl.c

between commit:

  ffa847f8ff11d ("drbd: rework netlink interface for DRBD 9 multi-peer config")

from the drbd tree and commit:

  630bbba45cfd3 ("drbd: use genl pre_doit/post_doit")

from the block tree.

These changes are both quite large and the conflicts substantial,
ffa847f8ff11d ("drbd: rework netlink interface for DRBD 9 multi-peer
config") in particular has a diffstat of:

 drivers/block/drbd/drbd_nl.c | 7260 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++------------
 1 file changed, 5167 insertions(+), 2093 deletions(-)

which would be enormous even for a non-mechanical change, based on the
size and a glance over the changelog it seems clear to me that it should
be split up into a series of patches.  This would make resolving the
conflicts much more tractable as it would be clearer what each change is
trying to accomplish.

630bbba45cfd3 ("drbd: use genl pre_doit/post_doit") is much less of a
concern as while it's fairly large it is mostly mechanical.

Since I've got no confidence in my ability to do so rather than
resolving this I have marked the DRBD driver as BROKEN for today
(there's a half completed merge in the tree which shows how far I got)
and I will reorder the drbd tree after the block tree going forward
since it seems to feed into there.