Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the input tree

From: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2026 16:22:30 +0000

Hi all,

After merging the input tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

/tmp/next/build/drivers/input/touchscreen/mxs-lradc-ts.c:
In function 'mxs_lradc_ts_handle_irq':
/tmp/next/build/drivers/input/touchscreen/mxs-lradc-ts.c:508:8: error:
macro "class_spinlock_irqsave_constructor" passed 2 arguments, but takes
just 1
  508 |                 scoped_guard(spinlock_irqsave, &ts->lock, flags) {
      | ^ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from /tmp/next/build/include/linux/sched.h:37,
                 from /tmp/next/build/include/linux/ratelimit.h:6,
                 from /tmp/next/build/include/linux/dev_printk.h:16,
                 from /tmp/next/build/include/linux/device.h:15,
                 from /tmp/next/build/drivers/input/touchscreen/mxs-lradc-ts.c:13:
/tmp/next/build/include/linux/spinlock.h:623:9: note: macro
"class_spinlock_irqsave_constructor" defined here
  623 | #define class_spinlock_irqsave_constructor(_T) WITH_LOCK_GUARD_1_ATTRS(spinlock_irqsave, _T)
      |         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from /tmp/next/build/include/linux/jump_label.h:78,
                 from /tmp/next/build/include/linux/dynamic_debug.h:6,
                 from /tmp/next/build/include/linux/printk.h:620,
                 from /tmp/next/build/include/asm-generic/bug.h:31,
                 from /tmp/next/build/arch/x86/include/asm/bug.h:193,
                 from /tmp/next/build/arch/x86/include/asm/alternative.h:9,
                 from /tmp/next/build/arch/x86/include/asm/segment.h:6,
                 from /tmp/next/build/arch/x86/include/asm/ptrace.h:5,
                 from /tmp/next/build/arch/x86/include/asm/math_emu.h:5,
                 from /tmp/next/build/arch/x86/include/asm/processor.h:13,
                 from /tmp/next/build/include/linux/sched.h:13:
/tmp/next/build/include/linux/cleanup.h:300:17: error: invalid initializer
  300 |                 class_##_name##_constructor
      |                 ^~~~~~
/tmp/next/build/include/linux/cleanup.h:438:14: note: in expansion of
macro 'CLASS'
  438 |         for (CLASS(_name, scope)(args);                                 \
      |              ^~~~~
/tmp/next/build/include/linux/cleanup.h:447:9: note: in expansion of macro
'__scoped_guard'
  447 |         __scoped_guard(_name, __UNIQUE_ID(label), args)
      |         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/tmp/next/build/drivers/input/touchscreen/mxs-lradc-ts.c:508:17: note:
in expansion of macro 'scoped_guard'
  508 |                 scoped_guard(spinlock_irqsave, &ts->lock, flags) {
      |                 ^~~~~~~~~~~~

Caused by commit

  a995f3ca3bd51 (Input: mxs-lradc-ts - use guard notation when acquiring spinlock)

I have used the tree from next-20260324 instead.