Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the vfs-brauner tree with the origin tree

From: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2026 12:22:25 +0100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the vfs-brauner tree got a conflict in:

  fs/ext4/fsync.c

between commit:

  fc825e513cd49 ("Merge tag 'vfs-7.1-rc1.bh.metadata' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/vfs/vfs")

from the origin tree and commits:

  6e22726900ea5 ("Merge patch series "fs: Move metadata bh tracking from address_space"")
  f2bab85781e80 ("Merge branch 'vfs-7.1.bh.metadata' into vfs.all")

from the vfs-brauner tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

diff --combined fs/ext4/fsync.c
index 924726dcc85ff,abeb078a34647..0000000000000
--- a/fs/ext4/fsync.c
+++ b/fs/ext4/fsync.c
@@@ -100,7 -100,6 +100,7 @@@ static int ext4_fsync_nojournal(struct 
  		return ret;
  
  	ret = ext4_sync_parent(inode);
 +
  	if (test_opt(inode->i_sb, BARRIER))
  		*needs_barrier = true;